Most Popular Topics

Search The Real Todd Manning

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why do you think soaps are in trouble?

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?750102-Why-do-you-think-soaps-are-in-trouble

"Why do you think soaps are in trouble?

First off, a disclaimer: I'm an old school OLTLer who just tuned back in because I heard Roger Howarth was back. Other than his return storyline (which I love and hate) the rest of the show is terrible (imo). Don't get me wrong, I love soaps. I think the genre is amazing and has so much potential, but when I tune in to OLTL I remember why I left--because post Passions, every soap seemed to concentrate more on PLOT and crazy twists to carry the show as opposed to focusing on the characters. For example, I find Todd's story more interesting when the focus is on his relationship with his family members--exploring which believe he may or may not be Victor's killer and all the complications that arise from those opinions--than I actually care about who did the shooting."

Opinion thread....at place I don't usually post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to keep the posts positive, it is all in fun! A good hint is to use the @symbol when directing a comment at a specific person who posted prior to you, if you choose.