Most Popular Topics

Search The Real Todd Manning

Friday, November 18, 2011

Scott Sickles, Facebook Post

On my first day at One Life to Live, Ron Carlivati began the writers meeting by announcing that all the stories we had been working on (stories we were not only in the middle of shooting and had BEGUN TO AIR) had been dropped by the network and we had to pick up from where we left off last week (the week before I started) and basically make shit up from scratch. The first question was, "So, Bess has left town with the baby. Where's she going, now that she's not going where she was gonna go?" And I looked at those big empty whiteboards with astonishment and trepidation. And so the adventure began... In the nearly three years (2 and 3/4) since, I got to write for most of my favorite daytime divas -- including scenes with Erica Slezak, Robin Strasser and Kim Zimmer on screen at the same time!!! -- and an army of great actors, possibly the best gay love story to ever air on television at any time of day, one-third of a musical, for insanely wonderful supercouples, for BOTH Todds (at the same time) and their psycho mother, for Andrea Evans who bears special mention because the first episode of any soap opera I ever saw was the Y&R where Patty shot Jack, an avalanche, a super crazy and ridiculously funny Special Episode that will air on December 19th that I'm not at liberty to describe to you so you'll have to trust me that it's fabulous, and of course the most important scenes ever to take place between a dog and a baby. I got to do all of this with a writing team whose talent is truly humbling. I get to do this because of the tireless efforts of my agent Barbara Hogenson; because of the tutelage of the amazing Millee Taggart Ratcliffe and Susan Dansby; because of the guidance and support of Sue Johnson, Jesse Murray and Anna Theresa Cascio (who has done more for my sanity than she may ever know); and because Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini are generous enough to let me. Thanks to them! Congratulations to all! Have a great last day at ABC! I CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN!!! All my love, respect and admiration,

Scott Sickles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to keep the posts positive, it is all in fun! A good hint is to use the @symbol when directing a comment at a specific person who posted prior to you, if you choose.