Most Popular Topics

Search The Real Todd Manning

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We Love Soaps TV Comment on Kassie's Emotional State Yesterday 11/8

It was reported by We Love Soaps TV at twitter that Kassie DePaiva cried during her interview yesterday....ugh, I can just feel the loss of this show in the pit of my gut.  It's almost over and done with now, and so painful.

I guess it's winding down.  It is interesting to me that after about 35 years of watching soaps, I am now connected to a totally different one than when I started.  GH was my soap for years.  OLTL was also a show I did watch regularly, but not as faithfully as GH, mostly because as a kid, we got home in time for GH not OLTL.  In summers, OLTL was also part of the routine.  I grew up with Viki, Joe, Wanda, Larry....and later, Clint, Bo, Asa, Nora, Todd, and Blair.

Can this be possible?  In scouring the old clips for some nostalgia, I watch as Dorian thinks she has breast cancer and spends a "final fling" in NY with Jason Webb (ah Jason) and touches his scar on his face (and he has long hair - sound familiar?); Cassie falling apart over the loss of William/River; Blair admitting to hitting Luna with her truck; so much more exists in the annals of fandom on that place called You Tube.  Hope I will be able to get all of the scenes I want to keep before something happens to remove them!

HOW is this show spiraling to its end without DORIAN at the helm?  Someone in the execs area is not all there.  Which brings me to the next fear - Prospect Park, the new show, and what it will or won't be, if it gets off the ground.  Let me be in denial here for a few more weeks.

Strange but true, in saying goodbye, you often miss something more than you thought.  Kassie, you're not alone when you cry about the demise of the show, and of possibly the demise of the LAST EXISTING SOAP SUPERCOUPLE on ABC DAYTIME that is Todd and Blair.  For us, if it IS the end of Todd Manning, and of Todd and Blair Manning, it's going to be extremely hard to let go.  The viewers love you all, too.

Well, I am feeling rather "most pathetic" right now, even considering how I'll feel come January.  Gotta get a move on.  It's only a TV show, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BE HEARD! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW by CLICKING COMMENTS!

1 comment:

  1. I know - only a TV show - but I have been weeping all morning from the exact frame of mind you are describing - all of it. I am so confused by all of this very palpable and obsessive grief, and it hasn't even ended yet!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to keep the posts positive, it is all in fun! A good hint is to use the @symbol when directing a comment at a specific person who posted prior to you, if you choose.