Most Popular Topics

Search The Real Todd Manning

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Jennifer Pepperman Interview – One Life to Live

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/one-life-to-live/the-jennifer-pepperman-interview-one-life-to-live/2013/06/01/

"....got the opportunity to be able to bring to the fans the one-two power punch duo of Trevor St. John and Roger Howarth (as battling brothers Victor Jr. and Todd) for the first few weeks of episodes, and for Roger much longer, as he is still airing in more episodes to come.

 Look, I love GH's executive producer and head writer, Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati, but to me Roger is Todd.  Todd is really important to One Life to Live.  I worked with Roger on As the World Turns, and he is amazing!  He will be amazing, always.  Roger always finds a way to make stuff work and make it fresh and funny.

Jeff and I were on the same page with this. We wanted the shows General Hospital and One Life to Live to be really bonded.  We wanted to do crossovers.  I will say some of the people at ABC were dead set against that, and they had said they don't like crossovers and it never works.  But to me as a fan, and someone who was a huge soap fan growing up my entirely life, I love crossover stories!  To me, it was my hope that the shows could be bonded, and be like sister shows and really help each other, and share those characters. Having Starr, John McBain, and Todd, was important.  We wanted the characters and the actors to come to One Life, one at a time… have Michael Easton (Ex-John) for a chunk of time, have Kristen (Ex-Starr) for a chunk of time, and Roger for a chunk of time.  We would have sent the character of Natalie (Melissa Archer) to GH, as well!  I don't know all the nitty gritty behind it, but to me it was an amazing opportunity, especially for the fans.  My hope was to work together for the fans and for the actors."

More at the article link above


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to keep the posts positive, it is all in fun! A good hint is to use the @symbol when directing a comment at a specific person who posted prior to you, if you choose.