Most Popular Topics

Search The Real Todd Manning

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Clip of the Day, April 21, 2011 (221)



I LOVE this part. When Todd finally gets Jessica out of the car, it's a relief. You can finally breathe after this taut scene, featuring these two "enemies." And in the center of their strange relationship, CJ is constantly putting up Ali as the best. "Yeah that's me, big hero."

He realizes he has to go, but when CJ pleads, he can barely resist. "You were right Marty, I am stupid, my old ma's right..."

He picks up Jessica, and with CJ ON HIS BACK, he climbs the side of the mountain to bring them to safety. What a moment, and that music. What else can a viewer want? "Wow, you're strong, Ali!" CJ is adorable.

Todd makes sure the kids are safe before he takes off...but then....Marty does do something stupid and annoying, she gets back in the damn car for Suede's ring. Please. Anyway, that causes another series of events that will change Todd's life and Marty's as well, and also Rebecca's and Powell's lives. Of course, like everything in a soap, there is a chain of events that blossoms from each event and so on and so on.

The stranger encourages Todd to help the other person "out there in the dark."

CJ is a DARLING during this. I love him so much. Where did they get these great kids, and trade them in for teenagers we could care less about? "I love you Ali." Oh precious. Todd hasn't heard those words in a while. One thing I ALWAYS loved about Roger is how he DELAYS the reaction/acceptance to any kind of love or affection, especially hugs. You'll notice most times, when hugged by someone, even if they are enthusiastic, or sad, or whatever, his hands never actually give in until AFTER a bit. He does this with CJ. The hug goes on for a minute and it takes him a while to reciprocate. He does this throughout his life, and I call it HUG DELAY. I am sure we will see more of it.

I can't say enough about the MUSIC here. the themes they wrote for characters really worked. The music here, when Marty is in trouble, and CJ and Jess get taken away, is the same music used when, months later, Marty becomes his alibi at the last minute and saves him from life in prison.

Todd has his chance to get away, and instead . . .He hears what happens to Marty over the edge and he starts calling to her in the dark as the car bursts into flames. I always felt he loved Marty in his own way, and I am probably right. I am happy that we might be able to see them together on screen again. I can just see it now, she runs into him and has to acknowledge that he's been through some kind of hell . . . or something like that . . . or tells him that somehow she knew he'd never have tricked her into a romance when she had amnesia. I don't know but it should be good. Somehow, it will be, even in light of everything.

Love what follows. We get to see BO finally realize that Todd is human in the next couple of clips. Cord learns it too, and others. YES LAWD. We also see Todd realize he's human, with CJ's help.

FAIL: Ok...a stranger would take these kids, from a total stranger dressed as a cop? Well, that's ok, it's part of the FICTION! Also the stupid police, man, can they make any more mistakes?

SOUND OFF ALL! After all, this is the reason we're here at this blog in the first place. And, sadly, in about 7 months, we will be only able to do just this.

3 comments:

  1. ToddManning93944/21/11, 7:37 PM

    Well, the stranger had no reason to doubt Todd was a cop. If a cop stopped me somewhere and asked me to take a little girl from a car accident to the hospital, I'd certainly do it.

    Todd looks so natural as a cop, too, lol. I love the way he shakes the guy's hand after he meets him. Not only is Roger a great actor...so is Todd! It's another layer to the character.

    Like what you said about the "delayed hug" thing. What also came to mind was Rebecca touching his hand in the prison infirmary before his escape. He does a "double take" to glance down...it stirs something in him he normally doesn't feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ TM I agree if I were flagged down by a policeman and shown an injured child I would do what the cop told me . Especially if there isn't any one else around to help the third party still down below and I agree that Todd's struggle to touch when touched is carried throughout his life until recent Todd. Todd's inability to display affection is so wrapped up in his wish to be close to someone but being uncomfortable to show that. I love how once he makes up his mind to help he does it all the way. he stops the car and really makes sure the kids are ok and then when he hears Marty's scream he goes back to help her knowing she doesn't really want anything to do with him.
    I don't think Todd loved Marty but I do think at one point in his life he felt something for her and later realized that they both had their struggles that bonded them.
    Ultimately I don't think after all this that he ever really wished anything bad to happen to her and although he hated patrick. when Patrick "Died" he felt terrible for Marty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These conversations are going to get better and better and better as we go because the scenes are getting more and more fantastic. This whole section of the story is one of my faves.

    I think Roger is so talented, no wonder certain people RUN.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to keep the posts positive, it is all in fun! A good hint is to use the @symbol when directing a comment at a specific person who posted prior to you, if you choose.