Most Popular Topics

Search The Real Todd Manning

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Clip of the Day, Sept. 25, 2010

Hi all, time for another COTD. YAY. Cannot wait until we get to another part of this story....where we can really sink our teeth into some good Todd Talk. Commentary follows!



The first thing I really like about this episode is when Jason is telling his story, and Viki is "just a tad" upset about Kevin's attitude toward LeAnne and the baby. When she hears what Kevin did and how Jason handled it, she gets that "look" on her face. I love Erika in this role, this way, as this powerful matriarch, and later, tortured and abused person who is shattered. When I was younger, I used to make fun of her speech (LOL, at tol, etc) but now, I really appreciate her work. She's the only match for Roger's talent on OLTL.

Subtle. That is what OLTL was in some of it's glaring messages. Just subtle. Marty brushing tear away when Jason says how she gave of herself to help him. Viki's look, mentioned above, how Nora approaches the jury to make a point, Marty STARTING to doubt herself about Kevin, etc. Every single details was covered by the actors and by the writers every minute of the stories.

Emily Haynes. First off, this actress, Kellie Waymire, went on to do movies, (including a horror film called "Maniacts"), and died in 2003 of a heart condition. She was one year older than Roger. Anyway, her character has to be one of the most annoying of this storyline. She plays it well of course, but how it's written...I just want to slap her 4/5 of the time.

If Kevin is the head of the frat, why does everyone "do everything Todd tells them to?" Of course, we all know the answer to that!

FAIL: Emily's HAIR. Her style is more suitable for Viki or Renee.

4 comments:

  1. The one thing I remember about the actor who played Jason Webb was how popular he was. He won a Soap Opera Digest Award for best newcomer or something like that. But he left the show and to my knowledge, he never did another soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rock, he WAS quite popular, that Jason Webb. I remember wishing that he and Marty would get together at various times throughout his time there. I didn't like him as much then but really like him now. I think the actor did well. He did fade off a bit. Mark Brettschneider has only three acting credits. One is OLTL, the other two are an ABC Afterschool Special, and a talent show host in the movie, That Thing That You Do. Other than this, nothing. I wonder what he's done with his life? You were right, no other soap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty is priceless when she realizes what Jason's about to say...while I don't think it was that bad, I understand why it would look bad, and you can see all over Marty how bad she knows it looks.

    What Marty did for Jason may not have been right, I think it showed how kick a** of a friend she could be. lol But I guess all that is beside the point. lol

    I absolutely love the look on Marty's face as she watches them bring out the inflatable Marty doll! And then I like that little move Nora makes as she turns her head to look at Todd when Emily talks about how he pretended to make love with the doll...that simple head turn to me screams "what an idiot you are Todd". lol

    3 more observations related to looks given...

    1. Nora when she turns to look at Powell after Emily says that when the guys finally came down, Powell looked green like he was sick....Nora, whether she realizes it or not is certainly starting to question the innocence of her clients.

    2. Marty's look when Emily says she sent Kevin back up to get her keys...is Marty beginning to question Kevin's guilt? I think she is, though it's not really clicking in yet.

    3. Marty's look when Emily says that Marty could tease with the best of them. aww Poor Marty!

    okay one last thought...for a short term character I thought Emily was pretty good. I mean if she'd been on much I would have probably gotten annoyed with her pretty quickly, but KW played the part of a fun loving college kid pretty well. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Precious, make sure you check out "Dearly Departed" on the home page tabs...picture of KW.

    I like your focus on looks, and these scenes have plenty of them!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to keep the posts positive, it is all in fun! A good hint is to use the @symbol when directing a comment at a specific person who posted prior to you, if you choose.