Most Popular Topics

Search The Real Todd Manning

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Clip of the Day Sept. 23, 2010

Happy Autumn! It turned Fall last night at 11 something p.m. Wow. It's still too hot here for me. Anyway, onward and upward. Commentary below.... :D



I just can't like Andrew. Just can't. I am a little confused of how Nora is attempting to discolor Marty as a person, I thought that stuff was not allowed? The past of a rape victim? I LOVE when Nora tears into Andrew and gets him to admit that she never said she was raped, and that he suggested it. These court scenes are one reason why Soaps were so awesome then, and that they stink now. I mean, I am not currently watching OLTL, because I gave it up after the TSJ/Marty thing in recent times, but this kind of courtroom stuff never gets old. I loved this trial, and all of the other trials OLTL did, especially the one with Todd (DID), the custody one (1997) and the older ones, like Gabrielle Medina and the baby switch of the 80s and Karen's testimony in the 70s.

Nora was always a pretty good mom - concerned about Rachel getting ripped apart by Hank. I also like Rachel's belief in Kevin...and I love this pair of actors as these two. I wish neither was ever recast.

I really like the wide shots of the court when Hank or Nora are at work. I am referring to the shots where you can see the "boyz" in the background....and see each one of their reactions. During Suede's testimony, they show our boy. He's seething....and then, when he explains the times he saw Todd at Marty's house, Todd is looking at her and she's getting nervous.

FAIL: Could Suede be ANY WORSE? I don't get it. What was OLTL's fascination with "country" boys for Marty? I am at a loss. Then they go from the country stuff to . . . Irish. Hmm. Odd.

6 comments:

  1. @kim..what's the temp like up/over there? Just wondering. lol

    okay to answer your question about Nora trying to discredit Marty. I'm not sure if this is allowed either...I'm fairly certain that the past sexual history of a rape victim is inadmisable (sp? lol) but trying to show a past full of major lies might be allowed ? I'm not really sure, but it's possible. lol

    Anyway, here goes...

    I feel bad for Andrew when Nora's doing her thing because he knows it's true. He knew from the moment he first opened the door that something was terribly wrong with Marty, and before he even asked her if she was raped...when the thought even entered his mind, he knew the answer...he could see it, so it's hard seeing him get attacked by Nora because you can see how much it hurts them that he knows in telling the truth he's being orced to put Marty's character in an unfavorable light.

    The nervousness as well as the collection of all of her other feelings is very much evident while Andrew is on the stand, very well done by an exceptional actress.

    And, when Nora is finished with Andrew and then sits down and looks over at Hank...that smile the coolnes...she's certainly proud with herself and gloating about how well she thinks she did...she doesn't say a word, but it all comes out loud and clear.

    Powell is being his usual Powell self and Todd and Zach are being themselves as well...Todd is so smug and sure of himself and over flowing cockiness....zach of course is mirroring the cockiness.

    Todd is still pretty much layed back and slouchy when we see him as Suede begins.

    Marty does seem to grow even more nervous as Todd stares at her...almost as if she can feel his eyes on her and she's clearly uncomfortable about this as she tries not to but glances over and is made sure of the fact that he is in fact watching her, she looks away be continues to look even more nervous.

    ahh what good trial scenes!

    Suede might not have been the best guy in the world but I think he was exactly what she needed at this time..plus I think he was kind of cute. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Precious....ARGh. CUTE? Ok, we differ here.

    Let me ask this, do you feel Susan is being used well on OLTL now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely not! if I could I'd knock all the writers over the head for not giving her some good storylines.

    now I suppose there's a chance that part of it was her choice..I mean she may have wanted a light summer so that she could be home with her kids, but if it wasn't her choice then I say TPTB suck big time!

    They should hire me because I could come up with some good storylines for her. I can see where this thing with Marty taking Hannah in for a while could be a really good storyline but I am kind of expecting it to be a big fail on the part of th writers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing about Andrew was that he always was around to officiate the weddings, even when they didn't take place. LOL He just happened to be stashed up the staircase at the last TnB wedding that didn't take place.
    Also this is a test to see if this comment posts. I seem to be always commenting but the posts don't show up??

    ReplyDelete
  5. @rockwello, your posts are here and ok as far as I can see! It works fine! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @rockwello, also, your point about Andrew is well taken. He just appears every once in a while....LOL. What did you think of him back then (1993)?

    ReplyDelete

Remember to keep the posts positive, it is all in fun! A good hint is to use the @symbol when directing a comment at a specific person who posted prior to you, if you choose.