Most Popular Topics

Search The Real Todd Manning

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Clip of the Day, July 21, 2011 (253)



I love this clip. I was thinking this morning, look how far "Todd" came from this brooding, messed-up kid who went (in Luna's words) "very wrong."

Also, the engagement party scene....I just realized that yesterday's clip had one of my VERY FAVORITE SARAH LINES: "You're gonna marry POWL?" LOL! Loved that kid.

Marty, still in her sadness, Beth died, you can hear the nervous laughter of HBS in the background. Rebecca
announces her engagement to Marty.....etc.

"If I ever heard a story that didn't want to to away, this is it," says Clint. Reminds me of TODD himself. The character just won't go away because of Roger, of course. Regardless of what people say, TSJ made the character his own MESS, and ... never really was Todd to begin with.

I just adore Roger's portrayal of Todd at all the stages we've seen, including the current one. The ability of the CHARACTER, however, to change and grow, I attribute to Rebecca's love, and later, in a larger sense, Blair's love and his love for BOTH of them and his daughter Starr. Those things transcend the brutality of his actions and of his experiences, and transform Todd in different ways. What's your take on that? Chime in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to keep the posts positive, it is all in fun! A good hint is to use the @symbol when directing a comment at a specific person who posted prior to you, if you choose.