In reflecting on all of the changes and ups and downs we as soap fans have gone through - above all, isn't it time for some positive solidarity?
It's easy to complain, constantly, about something you don't like. It's more of a challenge to put aside personal nitpicking and just SUPPORT. And in this case, all soap lovers need to UNITE and stand behind GH right now, regardless of this, that and the other mobster.
This being said, I have been a GH watcher since about 1974 or 5. I was just a child, watching with my mother after school. The show was still black and white, however, when I actually first saw it, so I can't really put a date on it. I do remember the first story line I saw, involving the death of Phil Brewer. Yes. I admit it.
GH was the soap for me all the way through 1993. After the demise of Duke Lavery (yes, total Anna and Duke FREAK and loved and shipped them, my only couple in my life that I ever did ship at that point), and watched AMC occasionally, and OLTL faithfully.
Roger Howarth, my favorite actor of all time, period, was first in my eyesight when he was on Loving. Following that, I loved and hated Todd Manning throughout the years, and some of the story I've only seen recently, as I took a break from regular soap watching until about 2006. However, soaps never left my radar. Life just took a different turn, and the time was just not there.
Recently, in finding Roger's work again via various sites, I got right back into the swing, especially when it was rumored that he would be back. And then, the rollercoaster of losing, keeping, losing again, and keeping my biggest "shipcase" ever, Todd and Blair played by Roger Howarth and Kassie DePaiva. To lose them, and their on-off, right-wrong, sick-perfect relationship was heartbreaking.
And here they are. Back. Living, again, on GH. Thank you, GOD. And here comes Finola Hughes, Tristan Rogers, Tony Geary. Soap staples. Veterans getting time. Roger, Kassie, Kristen, and they are just the tip of the iceberg. GH has a strong cast that just needed new life breathed into it - and all of us, all who are fans have to appreciate it and support.
So it seems things came full-circle but the real point is SAVING THE SHOW. At this point, GH, with that brand name that everyone knows....even non-soap fans, is our last link to those fantastic, dramatic, fun and engrossing programs that are script-driven and acted, created, and painted by ARTISTS who deserve a chance to shine. The day I turn on ANY show called "THE REVOLUTION" or "THE CHEW" is the day I am forced to, possibly strapped to a chair and being electrocuted. Otherwise, forget it.
In fact, forget ABC as well, because for me, my all-time favorite network has forsaken ME, completely. And, the network that I have loved, since I was a child, has forsaken the beauty of scripted television for the almighty dollar. Not a pretty scenario considering that much of the wealth that ABC has gathered over time came from the Glory Days of their own soaps.
And Disney, don't get me started. We grew up on Disney. It was a family name everyone knew. And...they have the nerve, after cancelling last Spring, to KEEP POSTERS of SUSAN LUCCI, and the names GH AND OLTL posted at their theme parks to bring in revenue. Not grateful. Not good business. And NOT a company I want to patronize anymore.
So, it seems to be ON US to SUPPORT GH any way we can. Bashing it and the actors and stories and writers on Twitter or Facebook or websites or boards is DEFINITELY not going to make us win because eventually, there will be NOTHING LEFT to nitpick when GH is no more.
Rant over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BE HEARD! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW by CLICKING COMMENTS!
Tweet
For die-hard fans of Roger Howarth's Infamous Character, Todd Manning and Current Soap Information!
Most Popular Topics
blogging
(710)
commentary
(647)
photos
(622)
OLTL TODAY
(440)
screencaps
(412)
cancellation
(389)
spoilers
(281)
recaps
(262)
COTD
(223)
Kassie DePaiva
(218)
Blair
(190)
TnB
(146)
online soaps
(141)
tumblr
(140)
games
(131)
Prospect Park
(121)
twitter
(110)
THE Online Network (TOLN.com)
(106)
fanfic
(82)
Viki
(77)
abc
(68)
fanart
(68)
appearances
(57)
Tea
(55)
Soap Opera Network
(54)
TRTM FANFIC HUB
(54)
Jack
(53)
TSJ
(48)
Dorian
(45)
John
(45)
cast
(45)
fan events
(45)
campaign
(41)
promo
(40)
QOTD
(39)
blogowner messages
(39)
Hulu
(35)
Erika Slezak
(31)
super couples
(28)
Kristen Alderson
(25)
Natalie
(23)
parody
(23)
Tina
(20)
awards
(19)
guest bloggers
(19)
postcards
(19)
Dani
(18)
David Vickers
(18)
Michael Easton
(15)
TM RETURN 2011
(15)
Matthew
(13)
Who Killed Victor?
(12)
avatars
(12)
charity
(12)
spumors
(11)
countdown
(10)
fan letters
(10)
SCOTD
(9)
Victor Lord Jr.
(9)
casting
(9)
banners
(8)
watch online
(8)
Paos Revolution
(6)
episode counts
(6)
GBW
(5)
scripts
(5)
Destiny
(4)
Thom Racina
(4)
PhOTD
(3)
Sam Manning
(3)
webisoaps
(3)
Manning Family
(2)
TM RETURN 2012
(2)
Tainted Dreams
(2)
The Mannings
(2)
Vimal
(2)
Susie Bedsow Horgan
(1)
Search The Real Todd Manning
Friday, March 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautifully said. I couldn't agree more. Solidarity. Whatever you may think about this character or that, right now we have to stand together and say, We Love Soaps! We want GH! Thanks for sharing your thoughts so eloquently.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Let's spread the word!
ReplyDeleteSo very true, we "HAVE" to constantly contact the mags and leave our "POSITIVE" COMMENTS re: GH. How much we love this show. I know that some GH watchers are complaining but that has got to stop and it is up to us to show the love towards all the actors, whether we like them or not. I have my favorites, especially now!!! The poor little girl that is playing Maxie, man a live, she is getting beat up constantly and I think she is doing a very good job personally. So lets start leaving positive feedback to "all" actors and not just the best actor EVERRRRRRR!!!
ReplyDelete